Discover the Chapultepec Castle & Anthropology Museum the Mexico City
Chapultepec Castle, on the hill of the same name, meaning “hill of the grasshoppers” in the original Nahuatl. The hill—sacred to the Aztecs—was desecrated by the Spanish when they built the only royal castle in North America. Admire the views of the city before you tour the interior, which includes many luxurious artifacts.
The richness of ancient Miso-America is on full display, replete with statuary, art objects, jewelry and more, all curled with an eye to both anthropology and archaeology. In fact, the collection is so extensive that hiring a private guide may help take you through the highlights. Either way, this is a MUST in Mexico City.
Each of the different halls is masterfully organized to present a unique and thorough overview of each of Mexico’s many different lines of history and culture, presented through the massively diverse of the country’s many ethnic groups and rich indigenous heritage. The central courtyard «Umbrella» is an architectural masterpiece in its own right and some tourists visit the museum just to marvel over this monument.
If you have the luxury of time, you can easily spend the entire day here, but if you like most people, you can spare a few hours, concentrate on the Mexica and Maya, and perhaps a quick stroll through the Olmec hall.
- Explore the former residence of the Mexican Emperor Maximilian I at Chapultepec Castle
- Wide collection of pieces, such as statues and tombs
- View of the Piedra del Sol, national symbol of Mexico
- Learn more about pre-Hispanic ethnic groups at the National Museum of Anthropology
Meeting & Pick-Up
- Pick-up/drop-off at the client’s hotel at the time he/she chooses, please indicate the exact time & location for your pick-up during your booking. We can pick you up from the following parts of Mexico City: Polanco, Condesa, Roma, Centro Historico. Other more remote locations might involve an extra fee.
Every day available but Monday
- 10am, 1pm & 2pm
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance to Chapultepec Castle and the Anthropology Museum
- Entrance to Anthropology Museum
- Specialized Official Tourism Guide
- Languages available: Spanish, English.